Please be aware of traffic impacts on Tybee Island Feb. 3-6, 2022.
There will be five total races this weekend, from a 1 mile run to a half marathon. Some road closures will start as early as 3 a.m. on Thursday and will continue into Sunday afternoon. Below is a list of impacted roads and closure information.
- The only roads to be completely closed for any length of time are 15th St. and Tybrisa St., which are the start and finish lines. All others will remain open, with lanes closed for certain races.
- Congested area will be Butler Ave. from 14th St. to 17th St. during Saturday races.
- The Friday 5k has a start time of 6 p.m. and usually takes about 1.5 hours depending on walkers. The only closed roads will be 15th St. and Tybrisa St.
- The remaining races start at 7 a.m. Saturday. Both 15th St. and Tybrisa St. will be closed.
- Lanes on Highway 80 to be restricted are:
- Both right/slow lanes in each direction from Tybrisa St. to 2nd Ave.
- The parking lane from Lewis Ave. to Miller Ave. on the south side of Highway 80
- The right/slow lane from Byers Ave. to Battery Dr. on Highway 80 westbound side only.
DOWNLOAD RACE MAP