A Coastal Flood Advisory alert has been issued for Coastal Bryan; Coastal Chatham; Coastal Liberty; Coastal McIntosh by NWS Charleston (the Southern end of South Carolina and Eastern Georgia)....
COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EDT THIS EVENING...
The National Weather Service in Charleston has issued a Coastal Flood Advisory, which is in effect until 10 PM EDT this evening.
* LOCATIONS...In South Carolina, Coastal Jasper. In Georgia, Coastal Bryan, Coastal Chatham, Coastal Liberty and Coastal McIntosh.
* COASTAL FLOOD IMPACTS...Up to one half foot of inundation above ground level is possible in low-lying areas near shorelines and tidal waterways (near 9.6 feet Mean Lower Low Water). Saltwater inundation will impact some roads, including Highway 80 to Tybee Island.
* TIMING...High tide will occur around 7:10 PM today at Fort Pulaski. Saltwater inundation will be possible 1 to 2 hours before and after high tide. Time of high total tides are approximate to the nearest hour. Fort Pulaski GA
MLLW Categories -
Minor 9.2 ft, Moderate 9.6 ft, Major 10.0 ft MHHW Categories - Minor 1.7 ft, Moderate 2.1 ft, Major 2.5 ft
Total Total Departure Day/Time Tide Tide from Norm Waves Flood ft
MLLW ft MHHW ft ft Impact
- 28/07 PM 9.6 2.1 0.9 N/A Moderate
- 29/08 AM 8.4 0.9 0.8 N/A None
- 29/08 PM 9.9 2.4 1.0 N/A Moderate
- 30/09 AM 8.4 0.9 0.4 N/A None
- 30/09 PM 9.8 2.3 0.8 N/A Moderate
- 31/09 AM 8.7 1.2 0.5 N/A None
This event is rated as Minor, and is Likely.