NEW ‘HARD TO RECYCLE’ CENTER AT TYBEE YMCA
Tybee Clean Beach Volunteers and Fight Dirty Tybee are pleased to announce the opening of a small drop-off center for hard to recycle (H2R) materials at the Old School Building, part of the YMCA complex. Managed by volunteers, residents can drop off the following items, provided they are clean, dry, and reasonably free of remaining product.
- #5 plastic containers
- #6 rigid cups (e.g., Solo cups)
- Household batteries (AA,AAA, C, D, 9 Volt, small electronics batteries)
- Corks (real, not plastic or rubber)
- Brita filters (only Brita branded filters)
- Personal care products
- Hair care packaging such as shampoo bottles and caps, conditioner bottles and caps, hair gel tubes and caps, hair spray triggers, and hair paste caps.
- Skin care packaging such as lip balm tubes and caps, soap dispensers and tubes, body wash containers and caps, lotion dispensers and caps.
- Cosmetics packaging such as lipstick cases, lip gloss tubes, mascara tubes, eye shadow cases, bronzer cases, foundation packaging, powder cases, eyeliner cases, eyeliner pencils, eye shadow tubes, concealer tubes, concealer sticks, and lip liner pencils.
- Oral Care products: Toothpaste tubes and caps, toothbrushes, toothpaste cartons, toothbrush outer packaging, and floss containers.
Over time, containers for additional H2R materials will be added to this location. The center will be open during regular YMCA hours. Please direct any questions to email@example.com.