Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me® button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
July 30, 2019, 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM @ Tybee Island Marine Science Center
Kids 6 to 11 years old * Morning and/or Afternoon Modules * After Care * Curbside Drop-off/Pick-up
Summer FUN for the kids…designed to fit your schedule
• Choose a combination of days and times to fit your summer schedule.
• We offer ten sessions of Sea Camp.
• Each camp session runs Monday to Friday.
• Sign-up for all five days of a camp session, or any combination of days, mornings, or afternoon modules.
• Each day has two 3-hour modules: Mornings, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. & Afternoons, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
• Each module is $30 (that’s just $10 an hour!)
• Choose both morning and afternoon modules and have your child bring a packed lunch.
• We also offer After-Care each day from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. for an additional $10/day.
July 30, 2019, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM @ UGA MARINE EDUCATION CENTER AND AQUARIUM
Learn about the estuary, where fresh and saltwater mix, through hands-on activities and outdoor exploration. Visitors will learn about creatures big and small found in the estuary. The group will start indoors investigating live sea creatures such as sea grapes, grass shrimp and barnacles that live under the aquarium’s floating dock. Following the lab activity, the group will head out to the salt marsh to look for coastal birds, crabs and snails. Participants should come dressed in shoes and clothes that can get muddy. Children ages 5 and above are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult.
Registration and payment deadline: Prior registration is not required but is encouraged to reserve a space. There is a maximum of 20 people per field trip.
Contact Kayla Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or 912-598-3345 with questions
How to register: https://estore.uga.edu/C27063_ustores/web/classic/store_main.jsp?STOREID=340
July 30, 2019, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM @ UGA Marine Education Center and Aquarium
Meet a new turtle that’s native to the Georgia coast each Tuesday in June and July at the UGA Aquarium! Turtle talks begin at 2 p.m. and include a feeding at the aquarium’s freshwater turtle pond as well as an opportunity to interact with one of the aquarium’s ambassador turtles. The event is for all ages and happens every Tuesday in June and July, except July 2nd.