Tybee Island, GA


How can I get involved?

City hall is located at:
403 Butler Avenue
Tybee Island, GA 31328

City council meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month at 7 p.m.

How do I reserve City-owned facilities?

Questions can be answered and reservations made by calling our facilities coordinator at City Hall at 912-472-5045.

Can I reserve a spot on the beach for my group?

The beach is a public area that is open and accessible to all persons. Tybee’s beaches are city maintained and subjected to reasonable regulation in order to promote the health, safety, welfare and morals of all persons as well as provide a unique area for all persons to pursue peaceful relaxation and quiet enjoyment in a reasonable manner. The City recognizes that it is desirable and necessary to preserve the unique nature of the beach areas, and to protect all persons who utilize those areas, the issuance of a temporary beach and/or special events permit may be required for activity beyond that of usual beachgoers. Please be aware that the primary purpose of the beach is for public use, and a permit for your event may not be possible. For further permit information please see the Special Events Planning page.

How do I find out about open City Jobs?

You may view the list of current openings and obtain copies of the job description at City Hall at 403 Butler Avenue or view it online. This page lists the title, salary, essential functions, qualifications and the last date for accepting applications. You can download an application from the

job posting.

How do I initiate water, sewer and trash service?

Fill out the water/sewer/trash service application. The form is available online or can be picked up from City Hall during the hours of Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Once completed, return the form to the Water Department at City Hall along with your deposit.

City Hall is located at:
403 Butler Avenue
Tybee Island, GA 31328

Will I need a building permit?

When you construct a new building, add to an existing building, alter the interior, make repairs, or otherwise rehabilitate a structure, you will need a permit.

A permit is also required for such items as installing a fence, swimming pool, or dock, removing a tree, installing a driveway, demolition of a structure, etc.

Before starting any project, discuss permit requirements with the Planning and Zoning staff located in City Hall. They can be contacted via phone at 912-472-5030.