What do I need to know about signs and exterior lighting?
The City's sign ordinance regulates the type, number, size, height, placement, and area for signage, as well as permitting requirements. Only permanently constructed signs are allowed.

Wind-driven, portable and animated signs are permitted temporarily. Similarly, a light and glare ordinance regulates the type, height, placement, foot candle level, and permitting requirements for all exterior signs and lights to protect sea turtles.

Contact Planning and Zoning staff for more information at 912-472-5031.

Show All Answers

1. Will I need a building permit?
2. How do I get a business license and what does one cost?
3. Why are zoning and land use so important in the City?
4. What can you tell me about parking requirements, height restrictions and other regulations?
5. Who does building inspections and why do I need them?
6. What do I need to know about signs and exterior lighting?
7. Can I show or sell merchandise outside?
8. Are there requirements for tree protection and landscaping?
9. Who do I ask about stormwater management and public utilities?
10. Who does fire inspections?
11. I'm having a yard sale, or my organization is hosting a special event, can I put up signs to advertise it?
12. What about other questions that I need answered?