City Allows LIMITED Use of Golf Carts on City Streets
Motorized carts are not allowed to operate on Highway 80, and may only cross at designated streets: south of the Park of Seven Flags (i.e., you may NOT cross Butler at 16th/Tybrisa); at 14th Street; at Jones Avenue; and, at Campbell Avenue. Every cart MUST be registered with the TI Police Department for a fee of $15 and must display the numbered registration sticker.
Please contact the City Marshal at 912.472.5093 to make an appointment for inspection for the below requirements.
- Operational headlights, tail lights, brake lights, top-mounted amber flasher or rotating light, turn signals, horn, and seatbelts are required equipment.
- Maximum speed must not exceed 20 miles per hour.
- All occupants must wear seatbelts at all times.
- Operation on sidewalks is prohibited.
- Operators must comply with all traffic regulations applicable to regular traffic.
- Only licensed drivers 16 years of age or older with minimum insurance of $25,000 per person, $50,000 per accident, and $15,000 in liability insurance may operate these vehicles. Proof of insurance must be shown at registration and kept on or in the vehicle.
- All parking regulations must be followed; parking must be paid for via meter or decal. Parking decals for golf carts may only be purchased at City Hall at current rates – free parking permits provided to local tax payers are not supplied for motorized carts.
- Violators subject to fine up to $1,000 or imprisonment up to 12 months!