The following parking rates are in effect on Tybee Island.
- Hourly Parking: $4.00/hour
- Annual Parking Pass: $250.00 each
- Transferrable Parking Pass: $350.00 each
- Senior Discounted Pass: $175.00 each
- There is an Employee Discount Program available, please see your business owner, or email email@example.com for more details.
- Boot Fee $50.00
Parking Services Has Moved
Parking Services is now located at 1509 Strand Avenue, at the base of the Tybee Pier.
Hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The office is closed on weekends until March of 2024. Parking service is closed for lunch every weekday from 12:00 p.m. until 1:00 p.m. Free customer parking is available across from the building.
Please visit the new location for all of your parking needs, including purchase of parking passes and payment of parking citations. These services are no longer available at city hall.
$4.00 per hour, pay and display through kiosk
Payment for parking is enforced citywide, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., year-round, including weekends and holidays.
Parking Services is now offering Transferable Yearly Decals at a cost of $350.00 each. These decals can be used in multiple vehicles one at a time, displayed on the dash board. These may be purchased at the Parking Services office with a valid driver’s license. Once purchased they may be picked up the next business day. Please call Parking Services at 912-472-5101 for more information.
The mission of Parking Services is to support and enhance the experience of visiting Tybee Island by providing safe and accessible, on-street and surface-lot parking.
The planning and implementation of an effective parking program includes the use of parking permits along with the enforcement of rules, policies, regulations, and ordinances.
We also collect parking revenues and maintain records of all related information and financial data.
How to use the Pay-and-Display Parking Kiosks on Tybee
The credit card payment process is a lot more like using a credit card at the store, and certainly different than the old method, so we have taken down the how-to video here, and replacing it with another soon. In the meantime, we think you'll find the new machines much easier to use, so hopefully you won't miss this video!
Parking Services General Information
As much as we wish to welcome our visitors in the most hospitable way, we could not afford to keep lifeguards on the beach, keep the beach clean, provide emergency services, take care of stray and wild animals, provide our July 4th Fireworks, warn everyone of impending inclement weather from the wind and tides, and generally keep Tybee a safe and pleasant place to visit if we gave away free parking. Therefore, there is no free parking on Tybee!
Tour Bus Parking
Please review the information below which describes use of our Pay-and-Display parking system, which is enforced 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., 365 days a year. Pay before you leave your car and leave your receipt on your car's dash.
Annual decals are available at the Parking Services building for $250 ($175 for those 62 or older with a valid DMV registration) and are valid for one year from month of purchase. There are no discounts on Golf Cart or Transferable decals. Decals for residents expire with their tag. To qualify for a residential sticker, you must present a current, valid, state, vehicle registration indicating the code for tax purposes for the City of Tybee Island and showing that the ad valorem tax, if any, has been paid. In addition, documentation to establish proof of residency, such as a utility bill, voter registration, a local deed, or similar will be required along with the tag registration receipt.
A decal on your windshield entitles you to park in any legal space on the island without paying the parking fees, although time limits in some areas are still in effect, so you need to stay aware of the time if you are in a short-term spot.
Decals are associated to a single vehicle, so to purchase, you must bring your paid tag registration, and the decals must be permanently affixed on the driver's exterior windshield in order to be valid. Motorcycle stickers are also available for the same fee and must be placed on the front forks of the bike for visibility to a parking officer. If you trade out your vehicle during the year, be sure to scrape off the decal, hopefully in close to a single piece, and bring it in to trade for a new sticker.
Motorized Cart T-Number Decals
The city allows motorized cart use under specific circumstances. Carts must be inspected, registered, display a T-Number, and operated only on certain streets. Find more information here Version OptionsParking ServicesHeadlineParkTYB app - Park. Pay. Be on your way!Park. Pay. Be On Your Way.(TM) with the Park TYB app!.
ParkTYB app - Park. Pay. Be on your way!Tybee Island visitors, say hello to another way to pay for parking! Park where you see Park TYB app signs & decals, pay for your parking session from your phone, and be on your way.
What are the benefits of using Park TYB?
- Pay on the go: Pay quickly and securely with your phone.
- Forget refilling the meter in the rain or having to leave the beach.
- No need to rush: Get alerts when your parking session is about to end.
- No need to worry about how much time is left on the meter, add time to your parking session directly from your phone.
- Easy expenses: Receive email receipts at the end of your parking session.
- Expenses made easy, manage your parking history through the mobile app.
How do I pay for parking with Park TYB?
- Download the Park TYB app from the Apple App Store or Google Play store.
- Create an account with your cell phone number.
- Park anywhere you see Park TYB app signs & decals.
- Enter your license plate and length of stay.
- Pay for your parking session from your phone. Extend your time remotely if you’d like to stay longer!
How do enforcement officers know that I've paid?Transactions made with the Park TYB app are instantly available to parking enforcement personnel through their wireless handheld devices. Your payment allows you to park in any legal parking space on the island, whether at a meter or in a Pay-and-Display area.
Park. Pay. Be On Your Way.(TM) with the Park TYB app!
To Pay With Cash
- Machines will accept only accept quarters.
- Insert coins in slot for time desired.
- Press print button.
- Pull receipt from slot and display on dashboard.
To Pay With Debit/Credit Card
- Minimum charge amount is for two hours.
- Insert and remove credit card with magnetic strip to the right.
- Press "+" button, press again to add more time (adds one hour at a time).
- When desired time is reached, press "P" (Next) button to confirm transaction.
- Pull receipt from hinged slot area and display on dashboard.
The receipt from the Pay and Display machine is valid at any valid parking space, including the conventional metered spots.
Table of Parking Fines
- Parking Against Traffic:Yes, you must park in the direction of traffic on your side of the road.
- Expired Time: If you park past the amount of time purchased, you will be fined.
- Fire Hydrant: Parking near a hydrant is a severe safety hazard in an emergency!
- Parking in Handicap Space: Disabled people have to pay as well - without a valid permit, you pay extra!
- No Readable Receipt: If Parking staff can see you have a receipt, but it isn't legible.
- No Receipt: A full day only costs a maximum of $42, depending on location.
- Prohibited Parking: Parking at a yellow curb or non-designated space or area.
- Late Fee: If you do not pay your fine before the due date, a late fee is assessed.
- Processing Fee: If you do not pay your fine after receiving the letter, a processing fee will be added once it is turned over to collections. Fee: $15
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the City of Tybee Island at 912-472-5101.
For a review of how plans to provide parking on the island have progressed, you can download the proposal created as part of a study in 2005.
Available lots and parking areas on Tybee Island
Download a general guide showing parking lots and major parking areas, along with a variety of amenities.
Be sure to read the details of using parking kiosks and meters above to make sure you don't get a ticket! Remember, there is no free parking on the island!