Special Events Planning
Thank you for considering Tybee Island as your location to host an event, whether private or public, and/or production project. We wish to Below is information that outlines the city’s process with applications that include guidelines necessary
to ensure your vision is carried out in the best possible way.
The City of Tybee Island’s staff has a professional, efficient approach to assisting organizers
and production representatives with the permit processes. It is advisable to contact the
staff person noted as you begin your planning.
Contact: Facilities/Special Events Coordinator - Robyn Rosner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 912-472-5045
Private Event/Non-Commercial ProductionForms to complete and submit for consideration are below for those interested in either:
Parking – Parking is enforced from 8am to 8pm year round. Large parties should consider shuttle bus services.
- Signs - If you post a temporary sign, please remove it immediately after your event.
- Litter - Leave only your footprints and help keep Tybee tidy. Do not leave props/supplies or beverage containers behind. Also do not use birdseed or rice since it is hazardous to birds.
- Dunes - The sand dunes around the beach are protected areas and are off limits to any foot traffic.
- Flowers - Having a flower girl drop flower petals in the bride’s path is always a fun tradition to add to a wedding ceremony. Only real, non-dyed flower petals are allowed. Artificial flowers or petals are considered litter and are not permitted on the beach.
- Photography - Tybee’s beaches offer many natural and beautiful settings to pose for your wedding photos. Please obey the environmental rules when choosing a site (keep off the rock jetties, stay out of the dunes).
- no fires/open flames
- no glass
- no dogs
- no motor vehicles
- no release of helium balloons and/or Chinese lanterns
For marriage license information, please call 912-652-7267 or fax 912-652-7262 or visit the Chatham County Probate Court, which is located at the Courthouse (133 Montgomery St., Room 509, Savannah, GA 31401).
Public Event/Commercial Production
A special event application is required for an event that is open to the public (i.e. festival, parade, fireworks, race), and/or requires city services (i.e. parking, public safety needs, vending). Consideration of special event applications is on a first come, first served basis and may take up to sixty (60) days.Details are included within the following forms that must be completed and submitted for consideration:
Applications are considered on a first come, first served basis and should not conflict with annual island events or activities such as…
- Polar Plunge (January)
- MLK Celebration (January)
- Critz Tybee Run Fest (February)
- Mardi Gras (Feb./March)
- Irish Heritage Celebration (March)
- Turtle Trot & Release (April)
- Sand Arts Festival (May)
- EVP Volleyball (May)
- Independence Day Fireworks (July)
- Labor Day Beach Bash (September)
- Pirate Fest (October)
- Lights on for Tybee Celebration (December)
- Christmas Parade (December)
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks (Dec/Jan)
The City of Tybee Island requires persons engaged in filming, videotaping, motion picture production, and still photography that is for commercial use within city limits to obtain permission through the application process. Use of the beach, a city park, and/or city owned building require a separate application (noted to the left) for approval.
The time frame for review and approval of request to undertake any production activity is dependent on the scope of activity.