Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
December 21, 2018
1213 Us Hwy 80
December 28, 2018
1213 Us Hwy 80
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me® button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
May 18, 2018, 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM @ The Staging will begin at 5:00PM in the north beach parking lot. The parade route will be as in the past: Van Horn, Meddin, 2nd Ave, Butler to Tybrisa.
You know how it works. Get wet. Period.
Beach Bum rules:
1. Everyone is there to have fun. If you are there to hurt people, you will not be welcomed!
2. No Bleach Water
3. No Ice Water
4. No Pressure Washers
5. No Throwing Water Balloons and Buckets at People
6. Don’t squirt the cops. It makes them mad. You'll get a ticket.
Tybee Beach Bum Parade suggestions:
1. When driving on and off Tybee during The Beach Bum Celebration keep your windows rolled up and your doors locked.
2. Pack your cameras, phones, or anything else electronic somewhere dry. They will get ruined. Ziploc Bags are awesome!
3. Bring snacks that don’t get gross if they get wet. Fruit?
4. Don’t squirt people that don’t look happy. Don't squirt inside people's cars if those cars are not in the parade.
5. Watch your kids carefully. It gets rowdy on the south end. If you have small children, stick to mid island.
6. If you don’t like to get wet, this is not what you are going to want to do. Plain & Simple!
May 18, 2018, 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM @ Tybee Island American Legion Post 154
Winnings with overall jackpot $1500.00- family friendly fun! Legion burgers and dawgs served in the hall. Live entertainment in the Canteen for adults.
May 18, 2018, 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM @ Tybean Art & Coffee Bar
City Manager Shawn Gillen invites you to join him for a morning coffee at the Tybean. Bring your questions, comments, compliments, and concerns for a friendly conversation over a cup o' Joe!
Come on over!
May 18, 2018, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
On a sift 'n' seine program, you’ll discover the marine life of the intertidal zone by pulling a 10 foot seine net through waist-deep water. Commonly caught organisms include pompanos, sea jellies, and crabs. After seining, we’ll explore the marine life of the sandy bottom by sifting various organisms from the wet sand on the beach. This program is recommended for participants nine years and older.
May 18, 2018, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
South beach walks depart from the science center where you’ll join one of our knowledgeable marine science educators on a guided walk of Tybee’s south beach. Learn about the dynamics of Georgia’s barrier islands, the importance of the intertidal zone, the forces behind the waves, Tybee’s unique tidal surge, and the role that sand dunes perform in keeping Tybee protected.
May 18, 2018, 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
On a marsh trek, you’ll enjoy a hands-on exploration of Georgia’s salt marsh, searching the mud for fiddler crabs, snails, and more. Learn about adaptations necessary for survival in this environment, how the marsh functions as a nursery for many organisms, a filter for pollutants, and as an abundant food source. Please wear closed-toed, closed-heel shoes, such as rain boots or old tennis shoes (no flip flops or Crocs) and expect to get muddy. Marsh Treks meet off-site from the science center, on the north end of the island at Spanish Hammock. Directions are provided with paid program confirmation.