Tybee Island Rules
Garbage collection of “landfill only waste” will be picked up by zone Monday through Thursday per week in the green lid cart. Landfill carts will be replaced - while the blue carts will continue to be dedicated to recycling.
- Homes on Eagles Nest, Horse Pen Hammock, Van Horne Avenue, and west will be on Monday
- Homes north of 6th Street, Lewis Avenue, Solomon, and North Campbell / North Beach will be on Tuesday
- Homes south of 6th Street to 13th Street will be on Wednesday
- Homes south of 13th Street will be on Thursday
Items that are not allowed are:
- Construction and Demolition Material
- All Hazardous Waste Materials (radioactive waste, extreme acidic or basic chemicals, large liquids waste of 5 gallons more)
- Wet Paint
- Medical Waste Greater than 2 Pounds Per Week
Pickup will be on the same day as your garbage pickup for all of Tybee Island. Acceptable recyclables shall include:
- All Paper
- Junk Mail
- Plastics (1-7)
- Metal Cans, Both Aluminum and Steel
Pickup will be picked up on Friday for all of Tybee Island. Yard waste shall be:
- Grass Trimmings
- Tree Limbs
Each resident who collects yard trimming and leave will need to bag the yard waste in a brown paper sack and not in a plastic bag. Each bag or container placed out for collection may weigh no more than 75 pounds. In the event of a resident’s yard waste being set out that does not meet these specifications, the resident will be notified of the reason that their waste was not picked up, and the city staff will be notified as well.
Atlantic Waste will pick up bulk items such as appliances, furniture and mattresses. The pickup of bulk items will be on your regular scheduled garbage collection day. We will pickup one item per resident free of charge as long as it is not greater than 100 pounds or 8 feet in length. Multiple items and those items greater in size and weight shall be charged additionally based upon, the size, quantity, and weight of those items to be disposed. Please feel free to schedule a pickup of extra bulk items by calling our office at 912-964-2000.
Please call 912-964-2000 for any other questions, complaints and/or compliments.