Assistance, Resources & Incentives for Businesses
You are in the right spot if you are an entrepreneur wanting to open a business or a merchant currently operating a business on Tybee Island. The information on this page will help you with available resources, assistance, and financial opportunities and incentives available through the Development Authority/Main Street Program.
Tybee Island is a desirable city for residents and citizens for a multitude of reasons. One key component to what makes Tybee so distinct from “any ‘ole town” is the diversity of locally owned and operated businesses. A full list of businesses that welcome customers year-round can be found here.
For essential 4-1-1, start-up and continued success tips for running a businesses, click here for the Business Resource Guide.
Additional incentives are available for merchants as well. Click here for the brochure of Financial Opportunities.
Feel free to contact a member of the Business Assistance Committee or the Executive Director for more information.
A brief overview of opportunities follows:
- Employee Incentive Program
- Facade Improvement (Grant) Matching Program is available to merchants interested in enhancing their curb appeal and promoting pride within the community. Merchants have the opportunity to apply for matching funds to renovate or rehab their commercial structure.
- Federal Income Tax Credit Program: A federal income tax credit equal to 20% of rehabilitation expenses that is available ONLY for income-producing properties.
- Downtown Revolving Loan Fund is a low-interest loan program available through Georgia Cities Foundation and/or Department of Community Affairs to assist property owners in collaboration with a Development Authority to help with identified revitalization and enhancement projects:
- Homesafe Georgia can help provide "bridge" mortgage assistance to many in Georgia who are unemployed or have had a dramatic decrease in HH income due to national economic conditions.
- Small Business Assistance Corporation (SBAC): SBAC offers a variety of loan programs for new and existing businesses in the service delivery area.
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC): SBDC offers a range of services, including consulting, continuing education, applied research, minority business, international trade, commercialization, and client stories.
Opening a Business
Are you interested in opening a business or expand an existing business on Tybee? We are here to help!
General population and demographic information about potential clients on Tybee Island (i.e. your neighborly customers throughout the year) is available through the 2010 census information. Please call 912-472-5071 with questions.
Over the years, individuals have completed surveys and identified the following business types that are desired to add to the mix of businesses on Tybee:
- pet supply store
- office supply store
- miniature golf
- furniture store
- kitchen store
- pottery painting studio
Please call 912-472-5071 for more information.
Commercial Vacancies for Sale or Lease
|Location||Built||Square Feet / Description||Contact||Phone|
|5 Silver Avenue||N/A||N/A||Solomon Properties||912-786-5466|
|104 Tybrisa||1997||2,378||Savannah Trust Realty||912-231-0667|
|1604 Butler Avenue||1,920||Mopper-Benton||912-358-5600|
|17 15th Street||1940||1383 (previously an antique shop / apartment with off street parking)||Solomon Properties||912-897-4448|
|0 5th Avenue (at Hwy 80)||N/A||N/A||Solomon Properties||912-786-5466|
|406 First Street||NA||186 (office space upstairs)||Brian Malins||912-604-6389|
|10 Jones Avenue||2000||1,200||Solomon Properties||912-786-5466|
|1002 Highway 80||NA||N/A||Solomon Properties||912-786-5466|
|1016 E Highway 80||1995||Two office spaces (450 sq' each) are available. Each has a view of the street and off street parking is available.||Keith Gay||912-786-5466|
|1010 E Highway 80; Suite 5
|1204 E Highway 80||1920||UK||Steve Ashley||768 912-